This was the 1st meditation challenge we did in our closed Kundalini Revolution Facebook Group. Its so relaxing to do before bed or a great way to set you up for the day.
1. Sit in easy pose with a straight spine, close the eyes or look straight ahead and leave the eyes 1/10th open.
2. Place the left hand palm down on your heart center. Bend the right arm resting the elbow against the side of the body, and hold the right hand in gyan mudra (thumb and pointer finger meeting with the other fingers extended) at the level of the shoulder.
3. Inhale deeply and retain the breath as long as you comfortably can.
4. Then, exhale slowly and hold the breath out as long as you comfortably can.
5. Continue for 3-5 minutes.
Note: Do not hold the breath in or out so long that you’re gasping or in distress. You may need to experiment a bit. In my experience, holding the breath out is more difficult than holding the breath in. It can be frightening because there is no breath, and some even start to feel panicked. This is an opportunity to confront and move beyond fears.